Saturday, November 12, 2011

5S Process

After a few years in college I lost my room back home. Now that I live back at home my room now is the guest room/baby room/ironing room. As I slowly took over the room I never really organized or used the whole room very well, especially the dresser or closet.  I thought this would be a perfect reason to finally make order of my room using the 5S process.

1. Sorting (Seiri)
      To start it of I sorted through all my clothes scattered throughout the room and tossed dirty clothes in the laundry and clean clothes I decides whether to put in dresser or hang in the closet. My nicer shirts and sweatshirts I put in the closet and the rest in the dresser.

2.Straightening or setting in order (Seiton)
       While I was putting clean clothes away in the dresser I placed like things in the same drawer like play shirts in one and good shirt in another.

3. Sweeping or Shinning or Cleanliness (Seiso)
        I did something then my mom never knew I could do, I vacuumed and made my bed. Vacuuming really made the room seem a lot cleaner since there was serial from my niece all around the crib.\

4. Standardizing (Seiketsu)
         This step is going to be the hard part, I am going to have to make every day the same or deal with laundry and cleanliness the same way. When laundry is being put away put it in the correct drawer or in the closet not on the bed or the floor. I know what I have to do to maintain my room.

5. Sustaining the discipline or self-discipline (Shitsuke)
         Much like above I am going to have to be discipline so that I don't slip and let my room turn back into what it was. Also if I find a way to make my room better I use the previous 4 steps to apply it.

6. Safety
         My putting the iron and ironing board away I made my room much safer for my nieces and nephews. The iron sat on the board with the cord hanging down where one of them could have grabbed it and pulled the iron down on top of them.

7. Security
         Not noticeable in the picture but when I change my clothes I empty my pockets and pile coins and small bills on the table by my TV. When I cleaned there was about ten dollars laying there, I picked that up and a got safer more secure place to save my change.

8. Satisfaction
          After completing the 5S process I was very satisfied with my room and most importantly my mom was satisfied.

                                                                           BEFORE

AFTER 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment