Monday, December 19, 2011

Entrepreneurship

In starting my career out of college I feel that I most fit with being a businessperson. As much as I like the ideas of an entrepreneur, I want to be able to demonstrate my skill sets first in safe environment. I also think at the moment not having family and being young I am able to put a lot of time into a job and gain recognition for my hard work. In my field of Environmental Science the whole field itself is a new idea compared to many fields, so any company that I get involved it is going to be something different then most companies. In this way I see myself as a businessman in an entrepreneur world. My employer is going to be the entrepreneur taking the majority of the risks and it will be me that makes sure it works. Working in this environment almost gives me the reality of both worlds and in the long run will help me decide it which way I would like to take my career. Either stay a businessman or spread my wings and take what I have learned and become an entrepreneur. I hope it is the entrepreneur direction that I choose. I mention in my Personal Development Plan that I want to start my own GIS Company this is the real point in my life when I need to decide between remaining a businessman or become an entrepreneur, this all depends on what advancements are made prior to this point. There may already be businesses like mine that I would have to compete with which would mean I would stay a businessman, but if I able to make my company different in its own way it will allow me to be an entrepreneur.

No comments:

Post a Comment