Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lean Process

While implementing the 5S process to my bedroom one thing that was noticed that a lot of the clothes on my floor where clean. But because of the foot traffic in my room they became dirty and had to be washed again. Sometimes these clothes may have been washed three times before I wore them again which is very wasteful. There are often times too when I will wear something once and then wash it were the shirt or pants might not even need to be washed.

To stop this waste a lean system can be used. First identifying the waste, which is washing clothes that don't need to be washed. Now developing a plan, by keeping clothes in their correct spot dirty and clean clothes can distinguished from each other. While changing clothes check to see if pants or shirts really do need to be washed. If they do take to the laundry room and if they don't place in their correct spot. Over time this will become a simple task and become even more efficient. As I become more efficient with the process more time will be saved that will allow for further improvements in keeping my room waste free.

No comments:

Post a Comment