Thursday, October 13, 2011

Diversity

To me diversity is putting more variety into a subject. That subject may be your backyard, friends, workplace, etc.  By having diversity in your life it is going to able you to be more open to new adventures. I come from a real small town where there is little to no diversity. Everyone had the same interests and mostly the same hobbies, most days were the same as the day before and the next. With this limited diversity it was strange for me to try new things because it was out of the norm and my comfort level. For an example, my girlfriend comes from a large town filled with diversity. The first time I went to here hometown I felt akward because it was so different. Even when it came to chosing a place to eat there was such a variety of choices I chose the place that I was familiar with.
I know diverisity is important and a huge role in the work force today. I do want to start my own business some day and the more diverse my costumers are is going to make an impact on how diverse in need my employees to be. Like stated in class the smartest and most qualified applicant is not always the right choice for the position.

5 Diveristy Statements
1) Michels Corporation
Michels is proud to employ a diverse workforce free of discrimination. Women, minorities, the disabled and veterans are encouraged to apply
2) Q3 Contracting
Q3 Contracting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3) EA Egineering, Science, and Technology, Inc
We provide an atmosphere that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement, and acceptance regardless of race, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
4)Kiwit
 Kiewit Corporation, an Equal Opportunity Employer
5) Wisconsin DNR
We are devoted to developing and advancing diversity initiatives relating to the recruitment, retention and promotion of our diverse workforce regardless of ethnicity, gender, or disabled or veteran status. We believe that diversity can help build a stronger, more competitive organization.

All of these employees have a great idea of diversity, I really like what the DNR say. Diversity can build a stronger, more competitive organization and that is exactly what every bussiness needs to stay running.

No comments:

Post a Comment